Guidelines for Students
Students must abide by all the School Safety Policies: being respectful to student safety rules, only playing in areas prescribed by the school, and do not perform dangerous actions such as climbing walls or jumping off from tables. The School will not be held liable for such dangerous actions.
In the event of a fire during class, all students must follow their teachers to gather at the large playground. During break time, all students to gather at the large playground and wait for the class teacher instructions to count the number of students.
During class breaks, students are not allowed to stay in the classroom without teacher’s permission。 Except Pink Class and Silver Class students may stay in the classroom with their teachers.
Do not move or touch anything in the classroom without permission. Parents are responsible to pay the cost for any damages made by their children at School.
Respect teachers and classmates.
家长需在教室门口或者大厅内安静地等候学生下课。粉色班和银色班学生，家长须在教 室内接送。如果学生需要乘搭公交车或者在校园的路边等候，家长需书面通知，告知任 课老师。请将车停在停车位，不要停在学校草坪上，紧急情况例外。
开学四周内，家长须一次性缴纳学费和书本费，逾期须多交学费的 30%。开学后上课期 间，因个人原因不能来上课，一律不予退款。
凡是澳洲塔省华人联谊会会员子弟或一个家庭 3-4 个孩子同时在中文学校语言班上学，可享有 5%的学费优惠。
Guidelines for Parents
Parents stay outside the classrooms or the hall silently to pick up your children. Parents of Pink class and Silver class, please drop off and pick up your children in the classrooms. If your children need to take bus or wait at the road side of school ground, please inform your children’s teachers in writing. Please park cars in the parking spaces provided. Do not park on the lawns except in emergencies.
Please update your preferred contact detail, such as landline, mobile or email address, as well as updated address in order for the School to contact parents when an emergency occurs
It is the parents’ responsibility to pay tuition and books fees within four weeks of term commencing. Otherwise, a late payment penalty of extra 30% tuition fees will apply. During each School term, if students do not come to class for personal reasons, no refund will be given.
New students may apply for one trial lesson upon paying a trial tuition fee of $15.
All members of the Chinese Community Association of Tasmania, or any family with 3-4 children attending Chinese language classes will receive a 5% tuition discount.
The Department of Education requires all parents to provide the Chinese School with a certificate of your child’s attendance in a Day school. You are kindly requested to forward that Certificate to your child’s teacher before the end of March of each school year. Parents who fail to provide the certificate of your child’s attendance in Day School to the Chinese school, will incur an increase of 100% in tuition fee.
Parents should not stay in the classrooms during the lessons except the invitation of the teachers in the first term of each school year; Parents enter the classrooms to discuss the teaching plan with the teachers.
Parents are invited to actively participate and assist to all kinds of cultural activities in the school, and provide valuable advice.
Parents should cooperate with teachers to urge students to complete homework. Parents should report their child’s absence to the classroom teacher in advance.
Dear Parents and Friends
I would like to offer a very warm welcome to all the students who are returning to the Tasmanian Chinese School starting on Saturday 23 February 2019. I also welcome those who are new to our big family.
At the request of Parents, we will be changing the lesson time from 1:00pm to 1:30pm this year as follows:
- Children Language Classes: $80 per term (Commence from 13:30 to 15:30)
- HSK Class (for 3 hours): $90 per term (Commence from 13:30 to 16:30)
- Adult Chinese primary and intermediate language classes: $130 per term (Commence from 13:30pm to 15:30pm)’ Availability will depend on at least 6 students enrolling per class
- Children Craft & Drawing Class: $96 per term which includes all material; $120 for those enrolling in Drawing Class only (Commence from 15:35pm to 16:35pm)
- Children Dancing Class: $35 per term; $50 for those enrolling in Dancing Class only ( Commence from 15:35pm to 16:35pm)
- Children Calligraphy Drawing Class: $96 per term which includes all material, $120 for those enrolling in Calligraphy Drawing Class only (Commence from 12:00 to 13:00). This class only for children 7 year old and over and will require a minimum of 6 students.
The Tasmania Chinese School will commence on Saturday 23/2/2019 at 13:30, please kindly note term dates are set as follows:
The Department of Education requires all parents to provide the Chinese School with a certificate of your child’s attendance in a Day school full time. (see attached form) You are kindly requested to forward the signed Certificate to your child’s teacher before the end of March of each school year. Parents who fail to provide the certificate of your child’s attendance in Day School to the Chinese school, will incur an increase in tuition fee of 100% (e.g. if the school fee is $80, an additional penalty of $80 is payable totalling $160). Thanks for your understanding.
– The Tasmania Chinese School
- 语言班:一个学期80元 （上课时间：下午1点半到3点半）
- 成人普通话初级及中级班：$130 （一班最少有6位学生报读）（上课时间：1点半到3点半）
- 儿童手工绘画班：每学期 $96(包括课堂用的材料费)。若只是参加绘画班，一个学期收费为$120（上课时间：3点35分到4点35分）
- 儿童舞蹈班：一个学期 $35;若只是参加舞蹈班，一个学期收费为 $50（上课时间：3点35分到4点35分）
- 儿童书画艺术班：每学期 $96(包括课堂用的材料费). 若只是参加书画艺术班收费为$120（上课时间：12点到1点）。此班的基本年龄为7岁以上， 同时根据学生报名人数，至少6人才开班。
- 太极班：太极 气功十八式；二十四式太极拳。
Chinese school year 2013, 3rd semester courses:
- Children language classes:
- Preschool: 3 years old and above, focus on listening and speaking;
- Grades 1 and 2: split into English and non-English backgrounds: focus on listening, speaking, literacy and stroke learning;
- Grades 3, 4 and 5: under 18 years of age; focus on listening, speaking, reading and learning to write;
- Grades six: emphasis on listening, speaking, reading and writing skills with gradually increase in skills in reading and writing.
- Adult language classes:
- Beginners: focus on enunciation, simple dialogue and recognition of basic characters;
- Intermediate: textbook-based with focus on listening and speaking practice;
- Advanced: use of latest teaching materials enabling students to master listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
Sessions: Saturdays from 1to 3 pm with fees per semester as follows:
- Children Language Class: $65;
- Adult Elementary: $100;
- Intermediate and Advanced Classes: $120.
- Children’s Painting Class: focus on traditional painting, calligraphy and watercolour:
Sessions: Saturdays 11am to 12noon with fees per semester as follows:
- $80 for students take language classes as well;
- $96 for students only attending painting classes.
- Tai Chi: Tai Chi Qigong eighteen styles; 24-style Tai Chi Fist:
Session: Saturday 11:30am to 12:30pm with fees per semester as follows;
- Tai Chi Class: $64
Please note the next semester curriculum arrangements:
Chinese Language Show